Friday, February 6, 2009

sunny today

It finally got a little warm today, nearly in the 70s. The Sun was out, just a few wisps of clouds. The trees and grass are still dead, but at least it's not a frozen, overcast wasteland here in KC, anymore.

A friend of mine left what was formerly our mutual employer this week. I'm happy for him because he liked work about as much as I do. Saying goodbye, I told him about my little med school secret. I wasn't trying to brag; mostly I wanted to let him know because we're gonna be playing on an outdoor team starting next month, and I'll be missing the second half of the season. Kinda feel like I ruined his moment of freedom though, as his destination is less "grand." At least, that's the way it looked like he took it. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut and told him later.

I'm terrible at keeping secrets; I walk around feeling like a liar when I have one. I won't have to keep my friends here in the dark too much longer, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment