Monday, February 2, 2009

Here goes blogging.

It strikes me as a supreme example of our me-me-me culture that people blog at all. A blog, in many cases, is like a giant journal that we (I) write in a public space because we (I) have deluded ourselves (myself) into thinking that other people are interested in our (my) lives (life).

Oh, wait, don't go. I just have to start out a blog like that because that way, even though I write entries, I can always look back and say "See, I always knew how conceited it was to write a blog! See! Jokes on you, sucker!" And no one will believe but me... but that's OK, because that's life.

So, in an effort to complete the first post: I am 24 year old male, currently working a pretty boring job in a place that is not my home. I love soccer, languages, learning, and acting aloof of all sorts of topics about which I actually know and care deeply. I start Medical School in August, back home in Florida. And, Jesus H. Christ, I can not wait.

Why do I want to put an H. between those two words. Did Jesus really have a middle name? I wouldn't know.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how conceited you are! Psh. Blogging? Who does that?

    Also, you kinda freaked me out for a min, cuz I noticed my followers went from 1 to 3, and I knew one of the guys from school, but then I was like, Moose ... Gator ... What? Random guy is following me on my blog and that's creepy! And then I started looking at your blog and I was like, Is this who I think it is? And then I was like, Whoa. It is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, I saw you started a blog, and I thought to myself, well if one of the *Gursoy*s can have a blog, certainly I can manage one. So, good job being inspirational. You're like a furry Buddha, if Buddha blogged instead of gave away all his possessions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha interesting question...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh by the way this is julie

    ReplyDelete