Thursday, March 5, 2009

Not just a February blog

I realized I haven't written anything in more than week. So here my first March entry. Ta da!

I just broke the toe-nail on my big toe on my right foot playing soccer. This is the 2nd time in like 4 months. I hope this isn't going to be a continuing problem. The nail didn't fall off yet, so I've electric taped it on. Still hurts. Damn, this sucks.

Also, I've been sick for a few days. Playing soccer today actually did wonders for my sinuses. I hocked a bunch of loogies after the game ;) I remember commenting to my Dad a few months ago about how strange the phrase "hocking a loogie" is. I couldn't find a way to end that sentence without is... Help me with that, you linguistically skilled ones. Anyway, hocking a loogie doesn't even sound like it's English. I did a quick search to try to find the phrase's origin; no luck.

Furthermore, I'm really getting sick and tired of living this double life in Kansas City. At work and with my friends from work, I have to pretend to care about this job, about advancing, about summer plans in KC, etc, etc. I don't. My life here is fait accompli and it's getting so hard to not scream that out loud when I walk in to work knowing that I'm going to be bored out of my mind the entire day. I've written a mini-manual for the guy/girl that replaces me, trying to make it easier for them to learn the stuff that I had to drag out of my crazy, old/experienced coworker on my "team." After that, what can I do? I show up to work on time, get my stuff done. I go home and...

I tried finding a girlfriend (or even a date) for a few months on those dating websites. No luck. Only girl I met had just fallen out of an engagement. She was nice, but seemed a little unstable.
I can't talk to my friends about my exciting hopes and plans for the future.
I don't know anyone in the city with whom I can converse extensively about those subjects.
I'm far away from everyone and everything that I know.
I'm breaking my freaking toe-nail when I play soccer.

I guess I sound like I'm really despressed. Sometimes I am, but right now I feel just completely exasperated. April 24 can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment